Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I break emotional ties from an ex who has an emotional hold on you?

I was in love with someone. We broke up because we were going to different schools. This was about 2 years ago. We recently started back talking, but I still have strong feelings for this person. And they supposedly feel the same (they told me). Anytime we are together, it is awkward, and there are a lot of mixed signals. But it turns out they have been dating someone and is calling the other, the wife. It hurts, because I still love this person. But I guess I'm asking, How should I deal? I learned to live without them, but then all these emotions come rushing back. And I don't know how to feel because this person has been showing me so much affection. Should I get high hopes thinking we'll be back together as they said. Or should I just let it go and keep moving. I feel as if they are playing games with me, but then again. I can't really tell. I'm so confused!! What should I do???? I guess it wouldn't be so hard if I wasn't still in love with them.How do I break emotional ties from an ex who has an emotional hold on you?
I think ';they'; are playing games with you, which is not fair while ';they'; are dating someone else, apparently seriously.





You can't help it that you still love this other person, but you should tell ';them'; that although you care about them, you're not comfortable being intimate or affectionate while they are involved with someone else.





I'm sure there's someone else out there who would treat you better, you just have to find them.How do I break emotional ties from an ex who has an emotional hold on you?
You're trying to hold on to the past. You even said yourself that when you to are together it's awkward. Time changes people and you probably aren't even in love with this person anymore just the memories you have with him. Don't go backwards keep going forward.
Move on. You need to be able to trust the person you commit yourself to. There will be others, in time.
when u find that one out let me know
There is an old song by Foreigner called ';HEAD GAMES';.....that's all I have to say.
If you can't have a normal friendship with the person because of the old flame and akward feelings, it's best to cut ties. You know you can live without them and they have moved on too because they are dating someone else. Do not wait around for this person, find someone new who will make you happy.
Be straight up, find out if this person is playing games or not. If so, I say move on. If you are emotionally tied, find a substitute.
i went through the same thing...expet after he came back we dated, he got me preg and left. so now im 7 months preg and hes nowhere around. im just not starting to get over him again.... the way i did it was i found someone else....someone that is so good he makes me forget about being w/ the other guy...jus by being there...so i guess all i can say is try to move on and hopefully it will all work out great

No comments:

Post a Comment