Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Help with a tough break-up situation?

((Copypasted from Singles %26amp; Dating; I want to see if my own people can help me a bit more with this.))





Alright, this one is a toughie, and I need a little bit of advice on it. I've been in a relationship with someone for about a year now, and before this they were my best friend since age 12 (we're 22, now). We've dated on and off since age fifteen or so, and this is the THIRD time we've attempted it. Unsurprisingly enough it didn't work (again), and I think it's time to end it for good.





Here are where the problems come up.





Not only do I want to remain friends with this person afterward...they also live with me. They live with myself and two other room-mates, and as far as I know they have nowhere else to go.





So Yahoo...how do I break up with someone, remain friends with them, and deal with them living with me? Even if the very latter is not possible, I'd prefer the former (still friends).





I've never broken up with anyone, before. Thank you for any advice in advance.





Additional:


1) It's my house, so I'm not moving out of it. %26gt;:C


2) I'm a woman and said breakupee is pre-transitioned FtM.


3) I'm pretty sure no amount of hormonal changes will fix the problems we seem to have with each-other, so it's not a question of -what- they are, but -who- they are as a person (the latter of which makes up all of the problems).Help with a tough break-up situation?
sounds like you had the same situation as me..and it sucks =[





her and i are still friends, which is good =] we decided that it would be better to have each other forever as friends, rather than be gf's for the next 2 years, breakup then never talk again. so i think if you explained it to kinda like that [except nicely] she would understand. you need to tell her aswell its not the fact that she's transitioning/transitioned, its more the fact that you still want that friendship. sorry i cant help more. hope it goes well =]

No comments:

Post a Comment