Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Should I get back with him?

While my ex and I were dating it was always the make-up-break-up routine.





Instead of talking it out he would break up with me just to ask to get back with me a few days later.





Then he joined a frat and placed me on the back burner. We started fighting more and more and even more make-up-break-ups happened.





Then we broke up on march 5th or so. Then he comes back to me on the 12th and we talked and he pretty much convinced me we were back together, and he told me he would always love me and all of that other bullcrap. He asked me if I wanted to watch valentines day, and even though it was a little late to see the movie I agreed. Later he asked me if I wanted to go to his house and I foolishly agreed. I stayed there for 2 days and in that time we had sex.





Then on that monday he calls me up and I ask him when I'd next see him and he told me that we were not together.





So now it's April 19th and for a couple of weeks now I've been getting ready to enlist into the army. And since I've been doing the work needed to get enlisted and while I have done the ASVAB and other army event to help me get promoted before I go to basic training my ex has been contacting me telling me that he wants to get back with me. He told me that he acted out of character when he had done that to me and that he was sorry.





Someone told me that since he broke up with me for that long he had probably been trying to get with a college student and since he failed he is trying to get back with me.





And when I asked him that, he off course said that that was not true.





And he told me that the reason why he broke up with me was because I rejected his offer to move in with him. And I told him that I would not want to move in with him because he was always too busy with his frat, so how would be be able to have a job and pay for a place? (he was and still is living in a dorm) He didn't answer my question (he never does) but he instead replied with ';the reason I want you to move in with me is because then I can always see you.';





But to me that was a load of crap and for a while now he's been bugging me to get back together with him. He keeps telling me that he loves me (We dated for a year and about 3 months before we broke up) and even more crap on top of that.





I told him that I was joining the army, and that if he wanted to get back together that he would have to stay loyal to me and to wait for my return. He said he didn't know if he could do that, but to me that just said that I wasn't worth the wait and that I should move on to better and greater things.





But should I show him some mercy and get back with him?





Or should I tell him to pretty much ';F off'; and that he's not worth -MY- wait?Should I get back with him?
Kudos to me for not falling asleep reading your drama.





1st question, are you a female or male? Your avatar is a female. The way you type seem like a female and only 1 in a few thousand girls would sign for army. Unless you're a guy? (Btw i've nothing against one's sexual orientation. Just be honest)





Anyway, in reply to your situation, it really tells me you know how your bf would react to matters, especially when you mention ';he never does answer your questions';. If you know how his character is like, and you being the bf/gf never seem.. least important, why waste your time being with him? Why are you still allowing yourself to believe he's gonna' be all loveydovey when its proven so many times that he's is not one faithful and least serious about you two? Forget it! Don't waste your time, move on.





Why would a guy wouldn't want to get both of y'all r/s right (most importantly), then having to break up over MINOR matters like ';you don't wanna move in with him';?! What kind of logic is this? Total no respect for you comments? Why still give this kind of people chance to even GO NEAR you.. What's the point.





It's your life. You decide.





Good LuckShould I get back with him?
First I want to say this: Congratulations on wanting to enlist in the military!! I'm a firm believer in the pros of the military, and am always glad to hear of people willing to join. I believe it is a very good choice (and a very brave one, as I'm guessing you're a girl) and you will benefit immensely from it.





About this guy, my first impression is that he needs to grow up a little. The off-again on-again routine isn't responsible, and you shouldn't have to deal with that, you'll have enough on your mind. I advise that you break it off for now, severe all contact with him while you're gone, and when you come home, see how he feels. Sometimes it takes complete separation for people to relize what they truly feel.





You'll be kept busy with work and new experiences in the army, so you wont have time to miss someone like him. Keep in contact with your family and real friends for now. Who knows? You may find a very nice man in uniform too :)





Good luck!! Remember, we have your back!
  • wavy hair
  • skin color
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment