Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you break up with a girl that lives with you??

My girlfriend lives with me and she has ever since i got back from AIT (advanced individual training) wich i went to right after graduating high school and i was gone 4 months and like a week after i got back we moved in together...big mistake.....she is smothering me to death....sometimes i hate coming home from work becuase she is going to be there. i like the girl but i doubt we will get married or anything like that....i know i wanna break up with her but it is going to break her heart...which is a big reason i havent already done it...but im unhappy!!! i know i gotta think of myself too....how do i break up with a girl that i live with....its not as easy as someone ur not living with. help me please!!!!How do you break up with a girl that lives with you??
first of all, hopefully you have learned your lesson! The truth is, you just need to sit down and be honest about it. Say you made too quickly of a decision to move in together so soon after finishing AIT. That you missed her and were lonely and that clouded your thinking and moral judgement. That you are in no way ready for a steady relationship as a live in. Let her know that you are way too young and that you used poor judgement. Apologize. Help her find a new place to live if it is your place. Be a gentleman about it. It is the best you can do.


She is going to be hurt and angry and hurt and angry. Hopefully she will be mature if you are when you sit down to talk. She will cry her head off and then maybe yell her head off. Beg, wonder ';why'; and just about all the things you can think of as she goes through the pain of knowing it is over for you two living together. Be a gentleman about it. Do not fight with her (whats the point). Do not give reasons other than you are young and just not ready and that you do not feel in your heart it is right. Be leary of any expensive stuff (of yours) you may worry about. A spurned woman can sometimes be very mean. All the while helping her find a new place and helping her move.


Do not cut her down out of your own anger (she will be a mess and rightly so). You just want her out and in as easy a way as possible, right? Who knows maybe you can sometimes still date if you wish. You just have to do it. She will live and find somebody else who she can cling onto. Good Luck.





P.s. do not confuse or use her by having sex with her after you sit down to have the talk. That is crude, rude and not a gentleman! If after she finds a new place to live and you two decide to hook up then go for it. Not during the break up phase. Seriously.How do you break up with a girl that lives with you??
hmmm....well I think maybe you could sit down and explain to her that unfortuanately it feels like you jumped into the whole ';living together'; thing too fast. Whatever you say she'll probably be upset, but if you're truly unhappy please look out for yourself. I learned the hard way and ';tolerated'; someone for 2 years living in my place. It took me 2 years to get the courage to tell them, but I'm tellin' ya, after you do it you'll feel better. not about hurting anyone's feelings, but about giving yourself what you need and that is obviously space. Now...if being honest doesn't work and she says ';that's not a good enough answer, or something like that'; you may just have to pull a couple ';all-nighters'; go out, come home late, don't call. It would suck to have to do that though. Suggest she go live with a friend. It's okay to tell someone you're feeling too rushed. I'm trying to think of another word than smothered...wow, I think I'm gonna send before I write a whole page worth. Good luck to you!! :-)
You are one lucky dude. There are a thousand guys who would die to be in your shoes. I guess if you are dumb enough to give her up, just go out on a street corner and there you will find plenty of guys who will be glad to trade places with you,
Because she is a female she probably caught on to the fact that you don't want her there which probably caused the smothering! You seriously should just talk to her about it or if you can't do that just start doing little things she hates! Go out with your friends a lot and if you really feel that bad let her do it just keep pissing her off! I would suggest being a man about and talking to her tho it will make you feel better in the end!
I think you are better off getting out the situation as soon as possible. I don't see you changing how you feel about it %26amp; you too are obviously too young to realize that space (even with living together) is necessary. I'm sure she's a little to emotionally fragile to realize it's a need. You're not going to marry her %26amp; I'm sure that's something she's going to want. Don't waste any more of her time or yours. At least you'll be the ex that was honest. She can't say something nasty about an ex that just didn't want to be together anymore, I mean that you didn't cheat or lie. I bet she feels the same way about moving in, a mistake, you'd be surprised.
tell her the truth. maybe she'll stop smothering you but i don't think that's the real problem. maybe just you don't feel the same about her any more. don't worry it's normal. you should figure out and have a solution about your future living situations before you break up with her or you will feel guilty about leaving her with no where to go. once you do break up with then she will know you're serious if she knows you've already had it thought out.
have you thought about Talking to her and trying to work out your problems? or is it really not even worth it to you? If not,then why did you move in to begin with? realize that to a girl,moving in is a commitment and may be why she is ';smothering'; you. she probably expects you to be there and to know what you're up to. talk to her...even if you can't work it out,she deserves to know how you feel. suggest that if things don't get better soon maybe you should do a trial separation...try to break it easy,she probably put all her eggs in one basket with you.....
I would just try and deal with her for as long as possible because you dont want to live with someone who you just broke up with. If I were you I would try and give her a reason to dump you. Coem home late a couple nights and dont ntell her where you are going. Never clean up after yourself and just do suttle things. And also tell her that she is putting on weight. She will dump you for sure(and dont forget to act sad!)
That is a hard problem to solve. I know how you feel. I live with someone and it's killing me. I hate to see him come through the door and I can't move on because he's there and I don't want to be disrespectful of him. But you have to think about yourself. You have to do what is best for you and her. It is not fair for her if you start treating her wrong if you haven't already started trust me you will. You both will become miserable and two people living in the same house not liking each other is a bad combination. My problem is I still love my boyfriend but the relationship is not what I want. We are on different pages and he don't understand that but I told him it was time for him to look for a place to stay because I was not feeling the relationship but I still love him. He didn't like that but he respected my honesty just like your girlfriend will. It's going to hurt her like hell but you staying with her will hurt even more eventually. If you love her then stick it out and let her know how you feel people are not mind readers but if it's not in your heart anymore then tell her it's time to start looking for new shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment