Friday, August 20, 2010

Messy situation: My boyfriend of 8 years slept with someone else while we were broken up. What should I do?

I posted a blog on Myspace saying how much I loved my boyfriend and how great he was. I then got a comment from one of his closest girl friends, whom I thought he had a brother-sister type relationship with, saying that he hasn't been completely honest with me. I pursued this through e-mail and, long story short, she told me that they had sex when he moved out last August.





He had moved down to Denver (I live in Greeley,) to go to school and take advantage of better job opportunities. As a side note, he blamed me for all of our problems at the time because I had convinced him to move to Greeley while I finished school. This is why he moved back to Denver.





I told him what Kat, his ';sister,'; had said and he totally denied it. He said she was lying, that he didn't think it was her and yah yah yah. He looked me straight in the eye and said, ';I did not have sex with her, you are the only one I have been with.';





He said he was going to call her and allow me to listen to their conversation. However, I found out he created a Myspace and messaged her. I took the time to hack his account. This is not something I am proud of, but I needed to know the truth.





He did it. He had sex with her. It is all there in black an white. I confronted him. He said the decision of what to do next is up to me. He says I don't deserve this, that I am a good girl and and good girlfriend, but that he loves me and wants me to stay for purely selfish reasons. He said that he thinks I should leave because I am better than what he did to me.





I don't know what to do. We were most likely broken up, however I am not sure of the time line since he has kept this from me for so long. I think it would have been different if he had told me right away. I also know that alcohol was involved, not that it makes a difference. He still had unprotected sex with someone, who has HPV by the way, and didn't tell me for 8 months. I do not know what to do. I love him, but I don't know if I am cheating myself by staying with him.








Please help.Messy situation: My boyfriend of 8 years slept with someone else while we were broken up. What should I do?
HI, I SAY IF YOU HAVE HPV TRY TO WORK IT OUT WITH HIM BECAUSE YOU BOTH HAVE IT ...AND YOU DONT WANT TO GIVE IT TO SOMEONE NEW AND STARTING OVER IS A HARD THING TO DO WHEN YOU BEEN WITH SOMEONE FOR SO LONG...ALSO I SAY IF YOU DONT HAVE IT THEN LEAVE HIM...YOU COULD BE WITH WHOMEVER YOU LIKE ...STAY CLOSE WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND YOU WILL FIND SOMEONE NEW TO SHAR YOUR LIFE WITH...AND IF YOU STAY WITH HIM AND HE KEEPS THIS UP AND YOU FIND OUT MORE AND HE DOESNT COME AND LIVE WITH YOU LEAVE HIM SWEETIE YOU DONT NEED THAT ... YOUR BETTER OFF BY YOURSELF... GOOD LUCK IF YOU NEED TO TALK EMAIL ME BYEMessy situation: My boyfriend of 8 years slept with someone else while we were broken up. What should I do?
dont stay with him u deserve better find a guy who respects u and doesnt just go do it with girls that arent special 2 him good luck ;) p.s DUMP HIM =)
Argh, that is confusing.:P I think in one way, you could say that yes, you are better than that, you don't deserve it, he lied to you many times about important matters and kept them from you, he kind of sort of may have cheated on you. Also, in another way, you could just forgive and forget, because people do make mistakes, and if you feel that he really truly and most definitely and undeniably loves you, and you feel the same, maybe you should let it slide. Don't completely ignore it, make sure he is aware about how upset you are about these things, tell him you love him and hope he won't do stuff like this again, and hopefully he won't. And if he does, then, I guess it isn't worth the sweat.





Good luck! Hope I could help.
well weight your options. tough situation because you have to deal with the consequences, if u stay there will be no trust on ur part and arguing and probably alot of frustration. if u leave, depending on how u feel now, u will be hurt. i would leave just because once a guy does it once and is forgiven he will realize he can be forgiven again. best of luck. hang in there =)
Well he shouldn't have had to tell you about that time because you were broken up. If you had asked about sexual disease though and out of respect for your health he should have told you. The worst part is that when you confronted him he didn't tell the truth. He did nothing wrong by hiding it because it was while you were broken up but he should have been honest or at least said I am not going to answer that instead of lying.

No comments:

Post a Comment