Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you get over someone you were forced to break up with?

I have been going out with this Super Awesome guy for 1 year and 4 months, I live at home and am in High School. When I was talking to my boyfriend my dad picked up the phone (we have like phones in different rooms) listened, without telling anyone, and took notes, he sat down with me, my mom, and sister and read the notes, and said that my boyfirend used ';sexual induendoes, dirty jokes, and profanity'; and told me that I had to break up with him. I still love him. But yesterday, on our 1year and then some, my dad made me break up with him. My mom had told me a few months back that she hoped I would be mature enough to not cry alot when we broke up, so I really can't grieve this horrible loss. Normally it would have been my dicision to break up with the guy and I could get over it. But how can I get over a guy who I still love and he still loves me?How do you get over someone you were forced to break up with?
That was horrible of your dad to do.


You deserve some privacy, and that was out of the line.


I wouldn't of broken up with him. What exactly are they going to do if you don't? And do they have to know your dating? Say your friends and keep up the charade.How do you get over someone you were forced to break up with?
if you really love this guy, you wont listen to anyhting that anyone else says, no matter who it is, it bugs me when people take control over someone elses life because they have no right to, i mean its not their life right???!!!maybe if you really love this guy you will find ways to talk to him and live a life without worrying about what anyone else says, because its your life and noone can tell you how to live your own life!!!!!
whether you know it now or not your parents really do know best, they are only looking out for you and whats best for you. It's not love when someone comes in between the both of you. Love is something stronger than that. Get out with friends, find news ones, time heals all wounds and you'll be asking yourself why you ever dated him.
this is her boyfriend and I am glad to say that she and I have talked it over and things are worked out now. I was wrong on some things and her dad was wrong on everything. I thank you for your advice. As for you KRC Come What May. I will Love you until my dying day.
unless you are like 13-15 i would say that is pretty dumb and ridiculous and that you shouldnt get over him. I would date him anyways. Why try and get over someone you dont want to and shouldnt have to.


Youre parents aren't doing the right thing... talk to you BOYFRIEND about it.
don't get over him - just wait until you get out of high school and can start dating him again. are ya'll very religious? maybe that had something to do with it. do be careful about sexual jokes...i imagine that can lead to bad stuff.





answer my question! :)


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
If you let your parents trample over you like that, then it wasn't love.





Love can't be broken, bent, or interfered with.








You had a boyfriend. He's done. Either stand up for him, or accept the fact that he was just your personal toy and move on.
you dont. you tell your parents to suck a dick and stay out of your love life because thats your decision....i honestly see were they come from but you cant split up love. its like spliting yin and yang apart from the sign they just cant live without each other.....
Thats really sad. i feel bad for u. idk if u really love him, u will find a way to be with him. this isn't right, but you could go out with him but tell ur parents ur single. but if they find out ur dead...
Well, if your boyfriend was saying stuff like that on the phone, then I don't blame your dad. If it really wasn't like that, then you need to talk to your dad.
You shouldn't. Your dad is full of crap. The two of you can stay together without them knowing. But what can they do if they found out? Ground you? If you really love him, that won't matter.
re direct your attention to a pass time or something else, leave that area for asome time, it will help you a great deal.lastly, find yourself someone else.good luck
Date him anyway. If he goes to your high school, you can see him all day long without your dad being able to control you. Just tell him not to call you afterwards :)
It seems as if your parents have trust issues. If you're a minor im sorry but you cant do anything. Get involved in school activities or anything that will keep you busy.
There is no magic way to get over someone, you just have to give it time and give yourself plenty of activities to keep your mind off it...
dont let ur parents decide!! if u 鈾?love鈾? him u wont care what ur parents say tell him why u had to break up him!! and see if he wants to get back together with u!!! just talk to him on ur cell if u have 1/text him!!! or call him when parents arent there!! or wait untill u get done with skool and date him then!!!!!!!鈽衡樆鈾モ櫏鈾モ櫏鈾モ櫏鈾モ櫏鈾モ櫏鈾o what ur heart says is right!!!
Wow that sucks go out with him anyway your parents cant tell you who to date especially if you really like him even love him. Come on Live a little! Bend the rules! =P
You dont have to get over it.





Your parents are mean.





If it was me I'd date him behind my parents back


(but thats just me)
well if u still like him then just try to get him jealous by dating another guy just get a good friend and then ask if he could do a favor for u then tell him and get ur bf jealous
well listening to my favorite music puts my mind off of stuff like that.
just dont break up with him noone can tell you who you may love no matter what age you are. good luck!
have his baby.. then your dad cant keep him away from you. you would have his child
tats really sad..


if u really love him talk to him with out ur parents knowledge..


or try to convice ur parents..


all d best..
How old are you? You must be REALLY young that your parents would do something so ridiculous, intrusive and immature themselves. But they must care about you enough to not want you to date this guy anymore...you sure you LOVE him? Seems like a really young situation for love...





I can't believe your mom said you shouldn't cry. Not nice mom; way to be supportive.





But if you have to get over him, stay away from him. Seeing/talking to him will only make it worse. Sorry hun :( Oh, and do things with your GIRLfriends! They'll be there for ya!
It depends on if your dad made any other rules. Are you allowed to hang out with him without technically dating? If he still loves you, then he should understand your situation. You're in high school, so it's not like you are too young to be dating - your dad has the problem. He doesn't want his little girl falling into the wrong hands. You have to show him that you really love each other and he was just joking around on the phone. And by the way, a dad shouldn't be listening to his daughter's phone calls in the first place! I would be super careful on the phone from now on. Maybe your mom can help. Try all sitting down and talking together. This is your decision, not your dad's. Hope it all works out.
In my culture parents choose who we are date/marry, so I have seen this thing often. Of all cases I can tell you one thing, None get over it.





They either defy and continue what they were doing, or they try to move on. However, often those roads cross again and sometimes a person may hurt a new found love because of this.





Your parents know you best, and there is a strong probability that they may be right about him. That being said, it is still your path to find, and the detour they are forcing on you is pointless and will never work.





Just make sure that you understand that respecting yourself is a process and not just an single action. Apply this to any relationship and you will be safe and never sorry.
Dear Answer Seeker-





I am sorry to hear this. Parents can be over protective of their kids nowadays. There is not much you can do from here on, because you are a minor and living in their household. I would still remain friends with this ';special guy'; at school. Your parents can't force you to not be friends especially at school. Grieving about someone you love is a nature thing in life... you just have to get over it in time. I hope you find comfort in your heart.





Aidan
you're still young. boyfriends will come and go, but you've got only one family in your life. only you know what you want and not always will you know what is best for you. but the one thing for sure is that what your family is doing is out of good intentions.





it's not worth it to be rebellious and ruin your relationship with your family for a guy. i think your family is okay with you dating and having a boyfriend. but they're just worried that you might get too serious about your relationship when you still have other things you should focus on in life.





i would suggest that you talk to your parents about your relationship with his particular boyfriend...and most importantly, you should try to talk to them about respecting your privacy. when parents don't respect their kids' privacy and go too far, it only causes their kids to rebel and become more dishonest with them.
omg that same thing happened to me except for the whole sitting me down part, he just yelled at me and took my phones away from me. and in my opinion doing that makes the whole thing worse because it made me want to be with him even more. but i know how you feel because im still not over my bf and hes not over me and we used to still talk up until last month and today would be our 7 month anniversary and its so hard to be without him, but i still hope that one day he'll come back into my life. i know he still wants to be with me cuz thts the last thing he told me. but if a new guy comes into your life dont turn him down just try and move on, its gunna be hard but i gotta do and so should you. hope everything works out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment