Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you break up with someone that lives with you?

we have been together for 8 years but have lived together for 4,,we got together right after my divorce,,he is very nice and great with my kids but he is not for me,,,i have tried telling him so many times but he just doesn't get it,,,we do not have sex even though he wants to and nags me about it constantly,,i find myself joining different things at night just so i will be away from him,,,when we are together i find him clingy and he just suffocates me,,,i hate feeling this way and find myself being mean to him and then i feel guilty,,i just want to be by myself for a while and i just cannot get him to realize we are doneHow do you break up with someone that lives with you?
Well if you rent together you can get your name taken off the lease.... if you have a house together then you need to tell him you need your space. Tell him to pack his stuff and go. Explain to him the situation he suffocates you, you need your time so please pack your stuff up and let you have your spaceHow do you break up with someone that lives with you?
WOW! Where to start? Ok....I have sooooooooo been where u are. Now let me just say that NO ONE likes to feel smothered or suffocated. BUT in the last few years after going thru some really ROUGH relationships I have come to realize that I would rather be LOVED, ADORED, SPOILED, CHERISHED, APPRECIATED and even SUFFOCATED by a REAL MAN that is truely down for me and my kids then be abused, mistreated, heartbroken, cheated on, brought down, used and neglected by a loser that I THINK I love. and THINK loves me. You see I had a WONDERFUL man who LOVED ME SO MUCH and unconditionally.....he did everything for me, he was there when I needed him, he was so incredibly handsome with a great body, superb personality....I mean he was awesome! BUT he was VERY smothering and suffocating....I LOVED HIM but not the way he loved me. He and I were young (same age) when we got together and after 1 yr he wanted to get married....it was all TOO MUCH for me at 18 and I had just given birth to my first child. He loved us soooooooo much that I ended up leaving him because I didn't understand what a AWESOME MAN I had. Now he's with someone else being that AWESOME MAN that I wish I held on to. Every guy I dated after him was a total jerk. I was abused, mistreated, neglected, used, cheated on....u name it and I went thru it. Now I understand what kind of man I had and let go of and I am so full of regret. Bottom line.....DON'T END UP REGRETTING letting go of a wonderful guy because u don't understand what kind of man u have....TRUST ME....I KNOW. Maybe in 1, 2, 5, 10 years from now u will understand what I am saying and u WILL want him back.....not everyones lucky to have a guy that REALLY and TRUELY loves them. If it happens once....chances are SLIM to NONE of it happening again. So be sure of your decision.
Three times I have ended something when we lived together. Twice I moved out and once she left.





If you can't get somebody to realize it is over when you say ';It is over,'; you have to make the physical move. When you just leave yourself it becomes pretty obvious to the other person and they get it really quickly even if they are dense. In order to get somebody to leave, you just have to tell him/her that it is over, and then start staying away at nights with your friends and just ignoring him/her when you run in to each other.





It sucks for the other person to be abandoned, but it is better in the long term so don't feel too guilty. It doesn't work to be mean, the only way is to not engage at all, either positive or negative.
why are u still there? pack ur stuff,take ur kids and move its that easy tell him ur leaving-why should you be unhappy-
just tell him that you need time to think about our relationship,and ask him to pack his things for a little while then brake up with him wance hes gone
I suggest you sit down and tell him and you will have to face the consequences of the pain that will cause him.





You rushed him in straight after your divorce for what you now no doubt can recognise as selfish reasons. I am afraid that this scenario is the consequence of a rash judgment made because you didn't wish to face up to the pain of your divorce alone. Now you will have to cause both pain to him and discomfort to yourself.





I think all of that is pretty unavoidable as you clearly can't stand the guy so living together is not an option.





Good luck with it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment