Friday, August 20, 2010

How can I break up with my long distance boyfriend?

Here's the deal:





We haven't seen each other since mid-December. He and I live 8 hours of driving from each other.


We've been together since July of 2008.





At first the LD thing worked well for me. I'm an introvert and I like spending time alone with myself and my thoughts. But it never crossed my mind that I would ever get too lonely in an LDR.





Lately, we've had nothing to talk about. And when I say nothing, I mean nothing whatsoever. I'd tell him about my day at college and ask him what his day was like and he always says ';Oh, nothing much.';


Of course, my days at school are not exactly thrill rides and roller coasters either, but at least I make an effort to entertain and communicate.





I feel like I'm the only one in this relationship who is putting any sort of effort into making this work.


He tells me that he likes talking on the phone with me, but I fear I cannot say the same of him.





Anyhow, every article or ';guide'; or chapter of a book on dating and relationships always says never to break up on the phone or through texting and e-mails. But since we live 8 hours apart, does this ';rule'; not apply?





I've honestly tried to make this work, but it just got more bland after getting a smidge better.





Will someone please offer me some advice?





Thank you.How can I break up with my long distance boyfriend?
Just explain to him that it's not working out and you don't want him to travel 8 hours to see you then you just break up with him and he has to go back so in this case the rule does not apply and i think over the phone would be fineHow can I break up with my long distance boyfriend?
Be completely honest and up-front with him, really.


It doesn't matter the way you communicate it.


That's the best thing to do in this type of situation.


Simply tell the guy that he's a good guy and all you just said; the way you convey it doesn't matter if you say it sincerely and not in a rude way.
ok i dont know y people think that long distance relationship can work out is all a bunch of s h i t.....it hard but really hard to have a long distance relationship the points is ...tell him goodbye and y would u care wat that book say..... wat r u going to do go all the way to his house just to tell him is over............THAT EVEN WORSE.../.
tell him goodbye
forget the books. Do it Over the phone or internet And just really tell him that you wish he could be there with you to hold you help you love you kiss you and so In. Tell him you wish that you could come to him when you need advice or a crutch to stand on. Tell him that u won't forget him and that you really wish things were different.....and then you're good.

No comments:

Post a Comment