Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you break up with someone?

I've been with my boyfriend for seven months, and I just don't feel the same anymore. I feel like I'm going out with my best friend. He on the other hand, constantly reminds me that he is 'so in love' and will be 'forever and always'.





I see it as unfair on both of us if I stayed with him. so I've made the decision to end the relationship.


The only problem is, I have no idea how. I've never broken up with someone who has still had strong feelings for me. It's always been mutual or they have broken up with me.





So how do I do this?


I know I must do it in person. But how do I get him to meet up with me without knowing what I'm planning? Or should he know? What the hell do I say when we get there? Where should it even be?


I live a fair way away from him, so I dont want to make him come down to my house.


So maybe I should go to him? Meet halfway?





Anyone who has experienced this, or who can just offer their wisdom, please do not hesitate!


I really don't want to break the poor guy's heart. I know it's going to. What is the best way to handle this?How do you break up with someone?
been there, done that. the best thing to do is NOT txt or email. lol meet up with him, preferably over lunch, at a place you guys usually like going to. ask him where he thinks the relationship is going. he'll probably be really gung-ho and all like, well things are great...i see us being together forever...ETC and when it's your turn tell him straight up that you've been feeling differently and your heart just isn't where it needs to be and it's not fair for him for you to drag him along. and i'm not saying you're confused b/c you're pretty set in not wanting to be with him. but it's always better to make it seem like you have more soul searching to do b/c rly, dude is getting dumped, that's harsh enough-along with telling someone flat out not only do i not want to be with you, but here's why...you're this that and the other....you know?





just let him know that he deserves much better and you preferred to at least be upfront instead of things turning bitter such as just simply talking to him less, causing unnecessary arguments, or even cheating. that alone shows respect and he can't be too upset at you-and if anything you'll both have a better chance at being friends rather than enemies.How do you break up with someone?
well i have been in a situation similair to this one so this is what u do... ok you said that u feel like ur dating ur best friend well just be honest... first if u havent already sit down n think the whole thing through then think of how ur gonna break it to him. the best n easiest way is to just be honest because if u lie he will feel like hes not worth the truth and u will end up hurting in the end because u knew that u lied. so drive to see him meet him at a calm place to talk maybe a park or sumthin and just tell him. the truth hurts but it will set u free... i did this in my situation and it help me out alot and me and the guy are still friends... good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment