Monday, August 16, 2010

How do i break up with my live-in boyfriend ?

I am 25 and he is 27. We have been together for 4 years but I have been extremely unhappy in this relationship for the past year and there seems to be no solution.





The thing is, he has always made so much more money than me, me being a college student, therefore he has always made most purchases. I only own a bedroom set and I can't really afford to live alone .. which brings me to the issue of there being no possibility for me to move back with my parents nor do i want anything to do with moving to college res and living with other students (I'm not an antisocial person... i LOVE people... i just do NOT want to live with others).





So if I consider moving alone, I will be totally and utterly broke. Will have to find a means of transportation (i am currently using my bf's second car) AND will have to make all sorts of furniture purchases....





Has anyone been in a similar situation? One where you were completely dependant of someone who had financial ease while you were struggling to make ends meat and had to start all over? Advice would be really helpfull, I feel pretty helpless.How do i break up with my live-in boyfriend ?
The root of this problem is that you allowed yourself to become dependent upon him. Doing what you did is a defacto commitment to stay in a long term relationship. There's really no easy solution, your just going have to do what you can to get by after you leave him.





Life's full of unfair choices and you have to make one now, You already know what they are, Leave him and move to a dorm, leave and and move in with your parents, or stay with him despite being unhappy for financial stability.





No one here will be able to answer which option is best for you especially when they are given only a paragraph of text explaining the situation. You will have to decide what is best for yourself.





Good luck, JimHow do i break up with my live-in boyfriend ?
Gold digging sl,ut
Actually, you are anti-social. So much that you won't live with anybody else, and you're using your boyfriend for his money. Or is it that everyone else is gonna make you pay your own way, and your boyfriend doesn't? You sleep at his place, use his car and his furniture. Thank God there is no boyfriend alimony, I sense that you would be first in line for that too.


Self pride and dignity are your greater deficiencies, not money.


You my dear, give women a bad name. Change your life by taking responsibility, not hand-outs





JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment