Monday, August 16, 2010

How do you break up with someone in a long distance relationship?

I've finally decided I'm going to break up with my boyfriend of just over a year. I've been considering it for over 3 months now. He knows that I've thought about it on multiple occasions. I've been trying to push him away a bit too, but that has backfired every time. I'm at a university and he's living with his parents going to community college. I'm not happy in this relationship anymore and the only reason I've stayed for the last three months is because it made him happy and the sex was good. He's told me that I'm his best friend (which is true. He only has two other friends). We are each others first bf/gf. One time when I told him that if something didn't change, I would break up with him, he physically hurt himself because of that. I'm worried that breaking up with him will only make him do something worse. I don't want him doing anything like that, but I need to take my own happiness into account in my life.





I want to break up with him tomorrow. What things should I say to make it easier for him and make it so he knows that I'm not just having an ';irrational moment';? I've never been broken up with or broken up with anyone. Would it be fine to break up over the phone? I don't want to make a trip home to break up with him in person, and the earliest I could do that would be in two weeks and I'm done wasting my time. Thanks in advanced!How do you break up with someone in a long distance relationship?
call his parents first and tell them your worries. then call him. be patient and kind.


good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment