Friday, August 20, 2010

My boyfriend just broke up with me...I cried, now I feel relieved. Am I over him that fast. Help?

Im 21 years old, Im in college, %26amp; I work at a club as an exotic dancer. My boyfriend is 20, he works at a retail store. We've been together for 2 years off %26amp; on. We dont live togther. We used to get along great, but not anymore. We've both been having personal problems %26amp; financial problems. We had a long conversation over the phone about what we both wanted in the relationship...what we liked %26amp; disliked. He says we have different morals %26amp; standards...which is true but still no reason to break up with someone you say you love, right? He always complains that Im a negative person, he hates that Im a dancer, he hates when I tell him my problems everyday, he says Im selfish %26amp; inconsiderate. It seems nothing I do is good enough for him. He said I dont do nothing nice for him %26amp; he does nice things for me. this is not true. I told him I would work on changing things about me but it wont happen overnight. He then told me to ';holler at him when Im ready to meet him in the middle';. He basically just broke up with me. I just cried a little, then I suddenly felt relieved after I thought about how unhappy he has been making me. I realized he is more insecure than I am. I started realizing that he tries to kick me down when Im a weak point in my life. He belittles me to make himself feel superior %26amp; in control of me. I started analyzing why I wanted to be with him....%26amp; the only thing I can think of is that I love him...but love isnt enough. He says he loves me, but I dont think its mutual. Is it possible Im over him already? Why do I feel so relieved?My boyfriend just broke up with me...I cried, now I feel relieved. Am I over him that fast. Help?
Hei. I know exactly how you feel. Because i've been through something similar last year. You should try to think about all the positives things you got from this relationships, and all the negatives ones. It is likely that the negatives ones are more than the positives ones ( eg: you cried a lot because of him and sometimes he made you feel bad - that's something negative, but sometimes you felt great with him- that's a positive). Now try to think about all those moments, and then you'll see that you probably feel relieved because what you too had wasn't a relationship anymore, maybe you were both tired of fighting for your relationship, and that's why you feel relieved now, because you're free, you do not longer have to try to change who you are, and try to be another person just for him. That was it in my case, and it helped me a lot when i figured it out. I hope this helps you :)My boyfriend just broke up with me...I cried, now I feel relieved. Am I over him that fast. Help?
Most likely not over him that quickly! My bf broke up with me the other day, I cried a lot the day after but these past 2 days I haven't cried at all but I'm not over him yet, no way near! You may even be surpressing your pain
now you realize how happy you are without him. Listen to the song strange.. not so strange at all :D your young so go clubbin,meet someone new, HAVE FUN!!
hi,i would like to say that give imp to yourself. Be on you part don't lay down when you are right.


Avoid to call him when u are free give some time for relationship try say alone without him.
Wait till you wake up tomorrow morning...lol


You re n ot over him. the reality will set in in a few days or a week, thats when you will start to think of him so much...
everybody should move on
Because now you're single YEEE go live life homie
well.. its not that vry ezy to get over true love so easily. And if u r over it, i guess.. u too dont love him in actual.


U r feeling relived, i guess its may due to some kind of commitments that u hav made to him %26amp; noe u need not to care about it. Neither u hav to care about him. Just to make yourself stedy
Because your relationship has been over for a long time, it just needed one of you to be brave enough to say it out loud ;) You've probably been mentally preparing yourself for the end for quite a while, knowing it was coming anyway. No wonder you feel relieved now it's finally over.
Sorry girly but too soon to tell!!





Jesus is our hope against our shames ! Trust me! HE wiped them all away all we have to do is believe. Is that not love that HE would die for people who hate HIM. People who are filthy at times. He knew no sin yet he became it for us!





Romans Chapter 1





I know this is not popular now but homosexuality, sex out side of marriage, lust are all 100% wrong. But there is hope in JESUS!





He loves you and died for you


just confess and believe!





fight the good fight of faith make the 1st step!!!





We all can change!
Probably because for a long time both of you knew that this relationship just wasn't working but neither of you had the courage to break it off. Until now. Now that it's over, you can finally admit to yourself that it wasn't working.





Also having different moral and standards are a great reason to break up with someone :) it kind of forms who we are as a person.
well actually, it is possible you're slowly getting over him. the fact that you've found flaws in his argument and already started looking at the negative point of the relationship means that your brain is slowly putting all the pieces together.





I've noticed that you haven't point out much positive stuff about him, while he claims to be the one who does all the nice stuff, he does sound a little like a jerk because there's little you can do about your personality and your job.





While he might complain about the fact that you shared your problem to me, i see this as him being irresponsible. A relationship is like a bridge, it works both ways. You are suppose to be able to share your problems with him because he's suppose to care, so don't feel bad that he didn't cuz he's probably not much of a lover then. (I, for a fact, truly hopes that my gf can open up and tell me about her problems, so i can actually help her)





And oh there's a reason why you feel better after crying, apart from your brain putting all the pieces together, crying also release endorphins which make u feel happier. So cry away I'd say





and think about the relationship as a whole, can you see it working in the long term? are both of u willing to change to make it better? (yes both of u need to change, ur not the only one to blame here) If not, then maybe its time to move on.
No. not yet. That's what exactly happened to me. I cried myself as much as i could. I bang my head and looked at myself in the mirror crying, I cried for two damn days... After that I felt so relieved. I thought after that crying, griefing I thought I was over him. I came back to my normal routine and then suddenly he started to come back in the picture. I thought I was so over him, but then everytime he calls me, it breaks my heart. I couldn't stop myself but to talk to him. So I thought im over him, but not YET! You feel relieved now, but when you're lonely and nobody is around you will feel and think of how much you still love and miss him...
It could very well be possible that you're over him, or at least well on the way to being over him.


Sometimes it takes a break up to make us realize that we were never really happy in the first place. The rose tinted glasses come off, and when we look at things from an objective viewpoint we often have some surprising revelations.





It sounds to me like you are much better off without him anyway, so good on you for not wallowing in self pity. Enjoy yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment